Monday, May 01, 2006

Our lives without an immigrant? Would really suck.

In the languages of those who mean so much to my family and I. For my my Great, Great-Grandparents on both sides, my Uncles Carmine and Emilio and their families, and my brother-in-law Joel and his family.

Reizende Dame Liberty
With ihr Buch von Rezepten
und von feinsten, die sie hat,
ist der große amerikanische schmelzende Topf
der große Anerican schmelzende Topf.

Welche gute Bestandteile, Freiheit und Immigranten.
(
German)

La signora bella la Liberty
With il suo libro delle ricette
e di quella che più fine abbia
è il POT di fusione americano grande
il POT di fusione grande di Anerican.
CHE BUONI INGREDIENTI, LIBERTÀ ED IMMIGRANTI.
(Italian)

Señora encantadora Liberty
With su libro de recetas
y la más fina que ella tiene
es el gran pote que derrite americano
el gran pote que derrite de Anerican.

Qué buenos ingredientes, libertad e inmigrantes.
(
Spanish)

Lovely Lady Liberty
With her book of recipes
And the finest one she's got
Is the great American melting pot
The great American melting pot.
WHAT GOOD INGREDIENTS,

LIBERTY
AND IMMIGRANTS.

Schoolhouse Rock. So simple, yet so profound, no?

**EDITED: (como meu amigo maravilhoso Linda que faz a minha vida muito mais divertimento desde que nós nos encontramos com!)

A senhora encantadora Liberdade
Com seu livro das receitas
e da que a mais fina tem
é o potenciômetro de derretimento americano grande
o potenciômetro de derretimento americano grande.
QUE INGREDIENTES, LIBERDADE E IMMIGRANTS BONS.

(I tried for the Chinese but just got a bunch of little squares and question marks as the result.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What? No Portuguese and Chinese version for little immigrant me?

;)

Miss ya!

Stacie said...

I tried, actually. But when I translated into Chinese I just got a bunch of little squares back :-P But I may have to go translate some Portugese for you. Because? You know I LOVE YOU, my green-card having, Chinese friend from Texas by-way-of-Brazil :-)

Unknown said...

So the Portuguese is rotten, but I love you just the same!!! You make me smile.

 
Site Meter