Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bad News.

Dude. We have a mystery smell going on. And it stinks.

I first smelled it earlier today and thought maybe something had been put down the disposer in the sink without turning it on. I turned on the hot water and ran it and cleaned out the sink but the smell is still around. And it's not really near the sink. We smelled it when we came in the garage door from our "Let's go pick up the van! Let's go drop off the van!" joy ride this evening. I smell it now and I'm sitting in the family room. I've checked the trash, the garage, the basement, the bathroom, the laundry...

What the crap fell over and died in here?!

4 comments:

Amy McCarty said...

Oh my gosh this happened to us except in my van. I had driven it all day and there was no smell. Then that night Don took the boys to scouts and told me they were all gagging it stunk so bad.
The next day I took everything out of it. Frebrezed the crap out of it and put back only the necessary things. Smell still there! Turns out it was coming from one of those insulated bags you use to tote frozen foods home from the store! Ewwwww. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth just thinking about it.

Heather said...

I was going to suggest checking for baggies -- There's something about plastic that just turns smells into more bad smells!! UGH!

Jodi said...

That happened to me twice. Once when I was living at home. Strange smell + missing hamster= cooked critter in furnace.

The other time was a squirrel that got caught in the chimney thing of our hot water heater...crazy.

betsy said...

Find it yet?
Years ago, I had a smell mystery - it turned out I had thawed a small chicken in the microwave and then COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT for about 48 hours. God, it was vile. It smelled nothing at all like food.

Yes, I am the next Martha Stewart, thank you.

(In my defense, it was a LONG time ago - I'm still spastic, but somewhat more organized. No chickens have been forgotten in this house.

 
Site Meter