Monday, April 30, 2007

Update.

You people and your caring and your emails and your phone calls and whatnot... you're too kind. So where do I start?

1. I am off the birth control pills. I repeat... the birth control pills have left the building. My wonderfully brilliant girly doctor diagnosed me as "about as diabetic as you can get with out being diabetic yet" and put me on Metformin. I was killing myself with watching what I ate and running and still I lost no weight and my blood sugar stubbornly stayed the same - a fasting number anywhere between 100 and 124 on any given day. It's been going up steadily for the last two years even though my diet and exercise has been enough to lower my cholesterol from 202 to 187. The doctor basically said we can wait another six months until your blood sugar reaches a certain point and say, "Gee. You're diabetic. Here's some medication" or we can start treating you now, be proactive, and see what we can do. I opted for the proactive. I got to stop taking the pills (and for anyone who got that email? I wasn't depressed so much as horrifically hormonal.) It's all better now. You may go about your business.

2. Liam was sick last week. Specifically, Sean found Liam passed out face down on the family room floor. The short version is that he had something called a Confusional or Complicated Migraine. Two trips to the ER and then admitted to the neurology department at Children's. Three IV's, a CAT scan, MRI and spinal tap later we know Liam's brain is fine... relatively speaking, remember, he's an eight year old boy. And he will most likely continue to have migraines. Boo, heredity. Rusty's migraines are bad enough.

P.S. Heredity, you truly suck with giving Sean his first flat out, full on, throwing up and light hurts my eyes migraine yesterday. Have mercy, will you?! I'd like some sleep, please.

P.P.S. Thankfully, with the birth control pills out of the way, I was able to cope with Liam's situation a brazillion times better than I would have a month ago.

No comments:

 
Site Meter