Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Back to music (thank goodness, eh?)

So this song wasn't on the mix video tape. But this was one of the first songs I remember liking in late elementary school or jr. high. Since Jodi broke out the Altar Boys (and since I couldn't find the 77's singing "Do it for Love") I now present the Coloring Song by Petra. Going old school.

(this is the only video with the song on YouTube so I had to go with it for the song itself. Can't vouch for all the images but seemed harmless.)



Ok, then I had to add this because it's so chapel-tastic. You can't get much more Christian-school-in-the 80's than this (to this day I can't stand listening to Amy Grant or Michael W. Smith.) I cannot count how many girls sang this as a "special musical selection" through my chapel career in jr. high and high school. And? The clothes are totally awesome and the girl in the blue sweater vest at the beginning is just so excited she can't stand it.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Ahhh...that Amy Grant is a classic. And now I can't get it out of my head, thank you very much. We could go on and on and on about Music love back in the day. Funny how you're younger than I and we were stuck in the same Christian Music circles. You in a christian school and I at a public school. Mine was by choice....although I eventually felt like I was missing something by not listening to "secular" music at all....eventually Wised Up (hey that's another Amy song) and opened up my sheltered world a bit. Thank Goodness I did.

 
Site Meter