Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday. Again.

I'll admit, I wasn't quite sure how to follow up that post from last week. I wanted you to understand I absolutely and completely adore my kids and my husband but worried that wouldn't come through. I am highly amused and thoroughly touched by the love of my self-proclaimed "snarky" or "attitudey" friends who emailed me regarding this post to encourage me instead of posting here for fear of insulting anyone else. Since when did we get so considerate? I love you.

Ok, so as I just admitted, I pretty much basically ignored the blog on purpose this week. I had stuff to do anyway. Things like ripping this nonsense off the kitchen wall:

I apologize if you intentionally have this on your walls. It's just not my style. Or Rusty's. Or apparently my neighbor's down the street who had to strip the same exact wallpaper border in her kitchen.

Next? We painted. "Hat Box Brown" (see Family Room photo) and "Swiss Red." Oh yes. I did just say our kitchen is brown and red. The two shorter walls with cabinets are red. And they're lovely, thankyouverymuch (and it's not the red you see in that photo. That's an old picture. Stop looking at it already.) I'll take a few pictures of the kitchen paint after we get the kitchen put back together. I'm on the hunt for some kind of funky salvaged wooden signs (think old grocers or market signs or something -- something long and only about a foot high and very old and beat up.) Like it would surprise anyone here to find out I hang random crap in my house? Whatever.

Speaking of random crap, we hung an old mirror above the couch in the living room. I bought it at an auction a few months ago and it's cool. From what I found online, this is probably 80-100 years old. The glass is in pretty sad shape in some places but we decided it made it look funkier (can you believe Rusty went with that? I love Rusty.) We could get a new mirror cut for the frame but aren't really inclined to do so as of right now. We stood in front of it talking and wondering about how many people have looked in that mirror that now hangs on our living room wall and decided to keep it as is*. Plus, we screwed it into the wall using achors so we're also just kind of lazy.


Well, that's all the entertainment I can come up with for now. Stay tuned. You never know when we'll randomly do something to the house.

*So if you visit, don't ask why I didn't bother to clean the mirror. It's clean. It's just old.

2 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good picture

Unknown said...

Adore that mirror. Love that old glass stuff. DO NOT REPLACE.

OK, got that off my chest.

That wallpaper is hilarious. Just hilarious. I can't imagine anyone wanted to stare at that all day long. But then again, I've lived in a house with a yellow (I meant YELLOW) and grey bathroom for four years, and done nothing about it. I was kind of waiting for you to come help...

 
Site Meter