Monday, September 01, 2008

Old school Kings Island.

So YouTube really does have everything.  For your consideration: a slideshow of the original Enchanted Voyage ride complete with the music.  Now, this is a few years before I remember riding as the "scary" part by the time I was riding it had been switched out from skeletons to Scooby Doo and the gang hanging onto an old tree limb over crocodiles that swam around in a circle underneath.


And if you're too young to remember that?  Maybe this was what you remember (and I'm so sad for you):



As if that weren't enough, if you grew up in Cincinnati in the mid-late 70's and 80's then this will bring back tons of memories... the Flying Shoes, Beastie, Screamin' Demon, The Bat, and vintage Beast footage (The Bat is the last ride featured in the video):


2 comments:

Jodi said...

I totally remember the Enchanted voyage! The snail at the end that would say "hope you enjoyed your ride have a ha ha ha happy day..." Remember it all....I've suppressed the smurf memories I think. We wore those white dress's when I worked there in the late 80's.

Heather said...

I have no recollection of any of it! ;) BUT, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 
Site Meter