Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paul Newman


One Christmas when I was little, my cousins and I all received music boxes from my grandparents.  My music box played Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head.  I was probably only six or seven years old but I loved that music box because I had big crushes on Paul Newman and Robert Redford after seeing part of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid on TV (I'd have ridden my bike with either of them.)  Seriously, Paul Newman was the very definition of the term "Movie Star."  Now there's one less person with a soul and a conscience in Hollywood. 

Do yourself a favor and go watch Hud, or Coolhand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Hustler or even Cars (he was the voice of "Doc.")  Honestly, there are just too many great Paul Newman performances to name them all.  

1 comment:

Heather said...

My aunt and uncle knew him and said he & JoAnne was so kind and so real...

 
Site Meter