Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Seriously?

I've been respectful.  I've been quiet.  I've not argued or belittled.  And I voted for Obama.  Because I believe he is a good man and he has good ideas.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me and I don't ask them to.  But I do ask that you quit sending the emails saying he's the anti-Christ.  Quit questioning my faith.  Or whether my Christianity is as valid as yours. It's one thing to disagree about politics. It's a whole other realm of wrong to start questioning someone's relationship with God.  I had hoped you knew me well enough to respect my decisions and know I make them with prayer and a lot of thought.  I'm not a poll number or a color on a map.  You know me.  So stop it.

5 comments:

Heather said...

AMEN!! Since when are my prayers "fervent" only when I'm praying for a white presidential contender???!?!?!!? AND, if you prayed that God's will be done, what kind of faith does it show if we feel like this is a bad decision???!! Where's the faith??!

betsy said...

Right on, my dude. I stand behind my text of this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Amen! was exactly what I was thinking reading this.

Teresa said...

AMEN SISTER! I told you about the conversations I've had. Then I had a friend talk about how anti Christian people are about voting for Obama and as far as I know, he didn't even vote.

betsy said...

read the second part of the 11/6 entry at this blog:
http://www.suburbanbliss.net/
you'll feel right at home.

 
Site Meter