Monday, January 09, 2006

Uh.

Ok. I have absolutely nothing of interest to say. Um... we stripped off the 400 year-old ugly wallpaper from our bedroom Sunday afternoon (can you imagine? Wallpaper that pre-dates the United States itself.) It was that stupid grass paper stuff. You know, like on that episode of "Trading Spaces" when Hilde stuck hay on the walls. Thankfully, the stupid, ugly, 400 year-old, real grass wallpaper was only on one wall so it only took one annoying day to strip instead of multiple annoying days. Ugly, stupid wallpaper.

Anyway, we've primed that formerly ugly wallpapered wall and started painting. To anyone who saw our house in Fairfield? It's the same color we had in the family room - "Dusty Trails" (not to be confused with "Dusty Bottoms" of Three Amigos fame.) Though stripping the stupid, ugly 400 year-old wallpaper was fun, trying to paint our miniature master bedroom is even more fun. Imagine yourself in the handicap stall of the ladies room at your local Target (if you're a guy? You're on your own because I don't know of the mens' room has handicap stalls) Anyway, go ahead. Imagine yourself standing in the handicap stall in the ladies room. Now, you're probably thinking, "hey, this is kinda roomy." But then imagine that your bedroom is roughly the same size. Not so roomy now, is it? Now imagine that you're crammed into that handicap stall with a king sized bed and a few dressers thrown in. And imagine further that you're trying to paint that handicap stall so you you have to move all of this furniture around the room to access each wall to paint (and now imagine Target security coming in and demanding to know what the crap are you doing to that bathroom stall and where did all that furniture come from). I'll be sure to post the fabulous photos when we're finished.

In other news, Liam is home with pink eye today. Because, you know... fun! The only thing worse than a sick six year-old is a sick six-year old who doesn't feel sick. That's all we'll discuss regarding pink eye, because yuck.

Now, see, Jodia and Linda. Aren't you sorry you asked me to update? I have absolutely nothing of interest to say. Nada. Nothing. El zippo. Maybe I'll try to get some pictures posted to take up space and make it look like I'm actually having some sort of life (ha, good luck with that!)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Odd I feel a strong desire to go to target and paint the handicrap stall.

Stacie said...

Ha HA! Did you really mean to type "handiCRAP" or was it just a totally fun mistake?

Jodi said...

nope I've always said handicrap...LOL....

Jodi said...

I just totally got the handicrap and the fact that I am talking about a bathroom....holy CRAP I totally made a punny!

Unknown said...

I'm sure glad I asked though because you are too freakin funny!!!! I had that problem when painting my room. Smallness. That, and suddenly finding myself at Target stall with all my bedroom furniture. Hate it when that happens.

 
Site Meter