Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Maryland Remodel

I found a post I had written back in June but never posted. It included photos I had taken when we put the Bowie house on the market. I was going to delete them and then I realize that there are some friends who never saw the final remodel result. Betsy, I know you saw photos when we first painted the living room but otherwise you'd never been to our place (I'm a horrible friend. I'm really sorry!) Linda saw the place when the cabinets were in but the final version of the countertops weren't in. My family only knew the Bowie house as Rusty's mom's place, though my mom was there for a visit while we were taking down the wall. And now I have a friend that wants to see the photos for a project she's doing with her cabinets (the bathroom vanity is the same in both photos, I just restained it a much darker color and put on new hardware.) And for Laurie, with whom I've been discussing Ikea cabinetry and whether to wait for Ikea to set up shop in Cincinnati next year? The kitchen cabinets in the photos are the Ikea "STAT (White)" which is a farmhouse style doorfront. And since I raved about the organizational options with their cabinets I'm linking to a set I had put on Flickr a while back with some of those options. I typed out a good deal of what we talked about in the email but thought it may be able to visualize with the photos there for reference (I don't have a picture of the silverware drawer organizer which was one of my favorite details!) :

Click here to view the Ikea cabinetry detail pictures

Otherwise, here are the "Before & After" photos I never posted until now:
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so are you really a friend...or are you some crazed flip this house lunatic. I'm not going to get attached to you...you're gonna redo this house here then move away again. That MD house redo is off the hook. Now you are at it again....yeah I don't trust ya.

Unknown said...

Good heavens Batman, come over immediately and finish my projects! Damn, that boys' bathroom did NOT look that good when I was using it.

Unknown said...

BTW, what font is that on the photos? (asked the graphic designer)

Stacie said...

Linda, I think that font is "Charyn" from Fontgarden.com

 
Site Meter