Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Our House Photos

So I didn't get a chance to go back to the house photos on Flickr until just now. And can I just tell you how much I adore my friends? Especially those who leave me such lovingly snarky remarks? Betsy and Jodi made my day. Seriously? Our house is not ginormous.

Ok, maybe it is. Especially to us after living in the Bowie shoebox.

We got a great deal on the house; God really blessed us. The couple moving out was being transferred to Virginia and the house had been on the market for a while. And? This house has some things wrong with it. To prove that statement, I will post photos of our mutant master bathroom (our home inspector said he was taking notes to put it in a book he's planning on the "weirdest things [he's] ever seen.") Woo hoo! Go us, with our funky weird bathroom. And the navy blue dining room (seriously.) And the drunken chef wallpaper border in the kitchen (which really contains 100% drunken chefs.) And the vintage dining room set I bought at an auction for cheap a few weeks ago and thought "Hey! I'll just refinish it!" because, you know, I have absolutely nothing else to do with my time. And to clarify? The navy dining room and the drunken chefs were here when we bought the place.

In all honestly, I really meant it when I said God blessed us with this house. We got here at the right time. I'm going to try to take photos of the chaos around here. You know... to keep it real and all. The last photos? Not so "real." Look closely at the only interior photo and you'll see that it's a shot of the upper half of the wall. Cropping out the floor. Because? The floor is full o' junk. You may have also noticed I was all "See the pretty outside of our house? So pretty." But didn't really show much of the inside. On purpose.

I promise to take some realistic photos of the inside of the house at this stage of unpackedness if you promise to not recoil in fear. And remember how nice and neat (and slightly anal) I usually am about my house. Deal? Deal. Ok, then. More photos to come soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Waiting on funky weirdest bathroom ever photos...

Waiting...

Waiting...

 
Site Meter