Monday, October 11, 2004

Good Day

Ok, people, simmer down. You're all getting unruly with your multiple emails and such. I do appreciate your concern, thank you. So it is with much fanfare and great relief that I am able to announce that our beloved furniture is finally here. It's in pretty good shape aside from a patch of mold on the recliner (yes, seriously) and a hole in the top of the antique wardrobe (something heavy must have been put on top of it and went through). The chair has been treated and is awaiting steam cleaning. The wardrobe will need major surgery. But I live for that kind of thing. It means more power tool action. Side note: I'm a sucker for the tools. If I had the luck to meet Ty Pennington, I'd be all about him and his tool-er-ific skills, who cares if he's cute (and slightly crazed at times).

So, please let me entertain you with a description of the house right now. The current population of the living room is as follows: two couches, one loveseat, one large armchair, video/DVD storage cabinet, Rusty's mom's hugeass entertainment center thing that is leaving as soon as we can tear it apart (Seriously. It's immense.) See, we're having carpet installed this week or next in the living room, family room and back bedroom. So all the furniture is crowded into one room so it is easier to move when the time comes. For the time being, you can nap on one couch, roll over, and find yourself on another couch. It's quite convenient, really. If we worked it right, you could probably get from the living room to the kitchen without once setting foot on the floor. I have a photo I took last night. I'll try to post it when I can so everyone can feel better about their own respective houses.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Woohoo! Thank God! Can't believe theres a hole in your wardrobe, and mold....EWWWW...so are you going to file some sort of complaint or anything, or just be happy you got your stuff, and use Uhaul and strong men next time. Or even better never move again. Unless you are moving back to Cincinnati, then I'll make arrangements for you. Still sick, actually sicker. Hope you are better.

Anonymous said...

Ty Pennington? Cute? He always looks like Barry Manilow to me.

Anonymous said...

That was me, by the way, comparing Ty to Barry Manilow.

betsy

Stacie said...

Betsy, I'm ok with that. You're still cool.

 
Site Meter