Thursday, October 28, 2004

Why I don't have dogs

A friend of mine asked me if we had a dog. It started me thinking about why we don't. I mean, I love dogs. Rusty loves dogs. What's up? Then I remembered why I don't have dogs. It's the same reason I don't have clean laundry, a full night's sleep or "nice things" (as in "this is why I can't have nice things around the house..."). It's because I have these instead.

the boys

Sure, they look cute enough (I was going to write "innocent enough" but that's hardly believable, even to the untrained eye). But these two... these two adorable little bundles of spaz... please watch, below, the gradual decline of "innocent enough" to "total goofiness".




the boys

Stage 1: Liam has a bright idea. You can almost hear him wondering whether I will notice if he starts something.





the boys

Stage 2: The unassuming "Whoops. I fell over" position. Could have been an accident. Doubt it.





the boys

Stage 3: I'm cute. You're going down (notice the innocent "I do so love my brother" look Liam is sporting in this one).





the boys

Stage 4

Sean: Ah ha ha ha ha...

Liam: I am just so cute. Make sure you get this on camera.






the boys

Stage 5: Sean lets Liam think he's won.






the boys

Stage 5: Liam does, indeed, believe he's won.






the boys

Stage 6: Sean strikes back. Otherwise known as "Don't try to take your brother down if he's heavier than you unless you want payback".





the boys

Stage 6b: Sean demostrates the proper technique for "Don't try to take your brother down if he's heavier than you unless you want payback". Notice the form. Also notice Liam's lack of a head or face.

Conclusion? You think I was lucky to catch all of this on camera? Ha. Think again. I have photos of the boys doing this in their jammies. Photos of them doing it outside. I have photos of them doing in their Easter clothes. Why would we need dogs when we have this? Pretty much any time you put them together -- in just about any environment -- you'll be treated to a great little show.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

OMG they are so cute. Much cuter than a dog, how'd you get your pictures like that? You'll have to give me the 411. Miss you and those cute kids of yours.

 
Site Meter