Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bah

It's been a bad week for me. I think we've covered the fact I don't handle continuous stress very well. Shocker. But for some damn reason, it keeps on coming.

Scene: Sean's pediatrician's office. Thursday, 1:00 p.m.

Dr: See those brown patches? The birthmarks?

Me: Uh, yeah?

Dr: Well, the thing is...if a kid has more than six we really should send them to a dermatologist to "rule out [insert something that starts with an "N" that even the Dr. had a hard time pronouncing]"

Me: LA LA LA LA...I'm not listening. Don't tell me. I'll take the kid to the dermatologist but don't tell me what it "could" be. I don't want to hear it right now. I'll listen to it if it turns out to be anything "for sure" and deal with it then.

Dr: I'm sure it's nothing, but you know... just to be safe. Here's the name of the dermatologist I'd recommend.

Me: Yeah. Thanks.

Nurse: Uh, doctor... you want me to pick her up or just let her lie there on the floor for a while?

(ok... so I didn't really pass out. But I'm pretty sure my mind and emotions tuned out for a while). Yeah, I'm sure it's nothing too. And I'm honestly not stressed about Sean's health. But it's one more phone call to make to one more doctor who'll have a waiting list a few months long (so my pediatrician warned). We have been doing homework with Liam all week and still have piles to make up from his week of testing. We have to go back to Cincinnati on November 11th for one more assessment appointment and the diagnosis. I have a house that looks like CRAP - it's messy and still unfinished as far as renovations go (yes, the house warrants bold, CAPITALIZED and italicized CRAP). And my husband? A complete moron sometimes.

(please... I adore my husband. He is a wonderful man and looks great in a pair of soccer shorts. But he is, at times, completely brain dead and knows how to do something just stupid enough to make me question whether his brain came unplugged).

So. Aren't you glad you stopped by? I just saw that Linda linked to me and I really do apologize to anyone who clicked there and ended up here. So sorry about that. I'd love to say I don't always whine so much, but I like honesty. It works for me. So admitting that I've been "Queen-O'-the-Whine" is pretty much all I can do at this point. Stop back later, maybe I'll post some pictures or tell a joke or something.

3 comments:

amymck said...

sorry things are so rough for you right now! I know I feel bad writing about and complaining about all of my health stuff on my blog and wonder why people read my blog, but it's nice to have a bigger network of friends than my "in person" ones to encourage me.

Jodi said...

Sorry the stress continues friend. Good things are just around the very large corner. There used to be a link here, but tis no more, I lost my spot to something snarky. Funny things going on at my blog. Can't say life is stress free, I just seem to be handling it fairly well.

Unknown said...

Oh man, if I knew you were going to whine, I would'nt have linked you! HAHAHAHA! Just joking. If people came from my link then they are used to whining! HAHAHA! OK, I'm really joking, not about my whining though.

CRAP indeed. Argh. You know, some people just have more spots than others. I'm very spotty! Hang in there. And if you need a break, I'll send Luke over FedEx overnight. I'm sure he will square it away for you! :) Love you!

 
Site Meter