Monday, October 10, 2005

Waiting...

So you know those funky domino things where they line up like half a million dominos then knock down the first one? And they just start falling, one after the other? Well, that's the period of our lives that my extended family is entering into. For you see, anticipation is in the air. We are waiting with baited breath. The first domino? Is falling any time. My brother and sister-in-law are expecting their second child any day now. Once I get that call that Emerson has entered the world? It's time.

**Emerson Dawn ("Emma" for short) is my highly anticipated niece due on the 13th

See, Emerson's arrival is only the beginning of the period which I've lovingly started referring to as "the craziness". Emmerson's birth (most likely this week) will be followed by Liam's assessment early next week. Liam's assessment? Will be followed up by my sister's wedding at the end of next week. Two weeks after that, early November sometime, Rusty and I will be traveling back to Cincinnati on our own for the diagnosis appointment with Liam's doctors. Then my other sister is due with her first child, a girl, on Thanksgiving Day (no name yet, but my dad has lovingly started calling her baby "Sweetie Pie". So "Sweetie" it is for now). Wrap it all up with Christmas and some family birthdays thrown in and you got yourself one heck of an exciting end-of-the-year.

I need a nap.

3 comments:

Dean said...

As you may or may not know from reading my or my wife's blog- Our youngest son was born on Nov24th, My dad's birthday, and this year happens to be Thanksgiving. We shall be in Lebanon, Ohio this Thanksgiving...

Perhaps one of these days our paths may cross.... Amy and I want to visit CRCC one day, maybe we can do lunch then...

amymck said...

hmm.. Emerson...good E name. We're doing E names for this baby and I hadnt thought of that one and I like it! but I'm trying to stick w/ Hebrew names if I can get Dean to agree on any of them....

Unknown said...

Emerson is a wonderful name! And have you thought that perhaps you might just have to live in Ohio for the next month? LOL! OK, here is an idea, move here cause I know I'm close to OH than you are. We can throw the kids in the backyard, have Zane and Liam watch Luke, and we can scrap and chat. Or at least order stuff on QVC.

 
Site Meter