Wednesday, December 14, 2005

So tired (again)

It's been a weird few weeks. Not a lot of time online. I finished my Christmas kit and sent it in to RMH. Aside from that, I haven't been online much. I feel kind of cut off but I'm not sure what I can do to remedy that right now. We got to have dinner with one of my favorite people last week - Ailsa. Her family is fun and she is an good person, an honest person. And I've missed her. She and her family, Rusty and I and the boys, and our buddies Deedie and Ramsey and their boys all got together for dinner Friday night. We had a good time and it was nice to just sit and be with friends who love you. Deedie is another fabulous friend that I constantly wonder why she bothers with me. Deedie and I shared a house before Rusty and I got married and she has always been one of those people that I wish I could be - energetic and doesn't really give a crap about other people's opinions when it comes to how she lives her life and loves her friends and family. Deedie is one of a kind and I adore her.

Anyway, Christmas is hitting me a little hard. It's coming on fast. Apparently, it did a fly by last week and threw up in our family room then fled the scene. All that remains are random bins full of Christmas decorations, two fully decorated Christmas trees, mounds of tangled lights and two way over-stimulated children. Apparently, Christmas then went and threw up at a house not far from here. They have a yard full of Christmas, including six Santas on their roof. Yes... six. If you're local? It's the house on Good Luck Road. You can't miss it. I'll try to get some photos if possible.

So. What else is going on at our place? Well, Rusty and I got back on the renovation bandwagon. Since the travel for testing and showers and weddings is over we're trying to get this house finished for good. We started laying the flooring tonight. I also spent today painting and putting up baseboard, painting a patched hole, sanding new drywall, installing new hardware to the bathroom vanity and taking down old towel holders and hooks in the boys' bathroom to get ready to paint. Good lord I'm tired.

I have absolutely nothing interesting to say. But I felt like I'd been away too long. I'm going to try to get some good Christmas light photos (and by "good" I mean "really really bad") I'll post them if I get anything worth looking at. The theme for this year is "Are you blind or did you mean to make your house resemble the Vegas strip?" We'll see what happens, eh?

Also, we are making decisions for our family that will have a lot of impact on our not-so-distant future if things work out. Please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

welcome back to the land of blog. If I am ever absent for more than a day somethings wrong, I got issues.

Unknown said...

Missed your blogging. That neighbor with the lights? Too freaking funny. Yes, we have a few around here. Gotta love thos ginormous blowup snowmen, santa, and this year's new edition: snow globe with the snow blowing inside. Nice.

 
Site Meter