Monday, September 05, 2005

Support an artist


I rarely by "impractical" things for myself. But lately I've found myself missing the little bits of me that have been (and are still) packed away during the move and renovations on the house. Small things like candles, my vintage bottles and other little items that seem so insignificant but feed my need for beauty by just being around in plain view on a daily basis.

So last night? I bought four pendants: the one in the photo, one that is green with a clover detail attached with a jump ring (it hangs free of the green background), a pale blue and green two-piece pendant, and one that is fused glass with a vintage look. The photos are all close-up details. The pendants themselves range in size from an inch to an inch and a half long.

So. Four pendants. Stained-glass. Handmade. Total for the lot? Around $40 plus shipping. I had seen a stained glass pendant a few months ago and fell in love with it, but it was over $100 because it was "handmade, one-of-a-kind", etc. So this? Was way fun to run across. You must check this out:

LingGlass on Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade

The artist I purchased from is named Chu Ling and lives in Singapore (shipping for the lot was only $5.00 total, by the way). She has been wonderful and sent immediate email responses to all of my questions. She's also very nice.

Be sure to check out the other sellers as well. If you're getting tired of buying gifts that look like everyone else's gifts, you should give this a shot. There is some fabulous and wonderfully unique artwork of all kinds available. Regarding these pendants? I love that I can wear these on a cord or chain. But also? I can hang them around the house or in the window when I'm not wearing them and still enjoy their beauty. Maybe "impractical" wasn't such an accurate description after all.

No comments:

 
Site Meter