Friday, March 17, 2006

Podcast Bandwagon (jumping on way late)

Ok. So Jodi is the Podcast queen. I? Am so not. I have listened to a few random downloads but hadn't actually subscribed to anything. Until today. I downloaded Mosaic based on Jodi's rave reviews and hope to listen to it sometime this weekend. Then I decided to check and see if the Vineyard has a podcast because I would subscribe to Dave Workman and friends in a heartbeat (no such luck. Get on the ball, Vineyard!) So then I wandered aimlessly around Google checking for buzz on anything else I may want to subscribe to. I found a site called Bored-Again Christian. Then I realized it was a Christian music site, but not necessarily your average Christian music -- no Amy Grant or Michael W. Smith going on here. Thank goodness! (Sorry, Jodi. But I'm not a fan.) Anyway, I downloaded the first podcast to give it a trial listen and was very pleasantly surprised. The music is really good. So I'm officially subscribed to a podcast I found on my own. I feel like such a big girl now. Give me a cookie.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

No you didn't say I was a Amy Grant fan...ok I was hardcore back in the day all about Amy and Smitty....but I am way cooler than that now. The Bored-Again Christian is one I listen too also, good stuff Starflyer 59 I think it is is one of my favorites he plays. Try Accident Hash....CC Chapman will get on your nerves but all the music he plays is really really good stuff.

Unknown said...

Must confess that I'm not a big fan of podcasts, but I can definitely provide you with a cookie.

Glad to hear that Jodi is way cooler now. I was about to make fun of her and Amy Grant... ;)

 
Site Meter