Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Road Trip.

Oh yeah. Eight (or nine... or more) hours in the van with Rusty and boys. We're going to Cincinnati tomorrow. Liam is off school for a long weekend for some sort of teacher's planning day thing. The weather is supposed to be great this weekend and the drive isn't actually that bad when it's pretty outside. We drive through the mountains in western Maryland and West Virginia (you GO, West Virginia, with your 70 MPH speed limit!)

In less than 24 hours we will be sighing with relief as we finally hit I-71, watching the boys in the rearview mirror as they try to get a glimpse of Kings Island on the way by, most likely having dinner with my mom, my sister and my brother-in-law like we do every time we're able to come in to town on a Thursday, and playing phone tag with family to coordinate time together while we're in town.

Saturday morning, I will be eating breakfast with my best friend, Amy, whom I've known for 18 years now. I will be mocking my brother, my husband, and other friends (most of whom my brother and I have known since high school) while they get ready for their yearly fantasy baseball draft (the reason we're going to Cincinnati this weekend. Yes, I'm totally serious.) But though I mock? I love the fact that my husband and my brother are so close that Rusty has been allowed to become a part of something like that. It seems small, but it's one of those things that's just continued and there's some sort of comfort in the familiarity of it. I adore my brother and his blind love of all things baseball, no matter which player happens to be accused of what. And I love that every year "could be the Red's year."

I'm so excited that this weekend I will get to snuggle my baby nieces, listen to my nephew shriek with laughter as Liam and Sean chase him around yelling, "Jakey! Jakey!" I will get to ask my mom for her help with an art project and listen to my dad and Rusty talk sports while chilling in front of the TV in the family room.

I'm really excited to be going home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh, I guess you are gone. Have fun!!!

Cyndi said...

Stacie,
Sorry I didn't get to meet you at Jodi's Seder meal last week. We'll have to make sure to meet the next time you're in town.
Cyndi

 
Site Meter