Monday, July 25, 2005

Perspective

There are so many times when I think there are things my children need. And most of those times? I am way off. Not because I'm selfish. But because my brain cannot even begin to imagine what's really going on in Africa. Niger to be more specific. My children get chocolate milk in the morning, or a Slurpee when it's hot outside. And there is nothing wrong with that. But? As a citizen in one of the wealthiest countries in the world? And one who claims to love Christ and care for those who cannot care for themselves? I cannot ignore it.

"It's the worst I've seen," said Hassan Balla, a primary school teacher in Tarna, a village just outside Maradi. "What is happening is really ugly. I've seen people eat leaves ... live like animals."

Balla, however, is optimistic.

"The world is generous," he said. "Our friends heard our cries. Do you think they will let us suffer when they are living comfortably?"

Quote taken from story on CNN.com
Sunday, July 24, 2005

Click here to read in it's entirety



They've asked. Please send help. According to the story? The cost to save one person was $1 per day when this crisis first started. Due to lack of help from the world overall, crisis has gotten much worse and the price of saving one human being has risen to $80 a day. I would pay $80 a day to save my sons, my husband, my family, my friends. These people are someone's children, family and friends.

Donate to any of the following. Donate a month's worth of coffee money, or your Slurpee fund, or more. If you truly cannot donate money, donate time or energy to get the word out.

UNICEF - Click here

WorldVision (Specific aid for Niger) - Click here

Doctors without Borders - Click here

A list of other organizations you may want to check out via the One.org site: Click here

No comments:

 
Site Meter