Monday, June 13, 2005

Blah-ity blah

I'm sure many of you have noticed (as if there is a large crowd reading this?) that lately my posts have been just not as perky as usual. Not bad, just not as fun? Anyway, here's the deal.

It is now officially summer break. I'm getting a lot of "Mommy, can we go to the beach?" and "Mommy, when is my soccer camp starting?" and "Mommy, can we go to Hershey Park this week?" from the kids. Mostly Liam. Now, these are all things we've said we're going to do this summer. Along with heading out to Cincinnati at least once, probably more, to take care of bridesmaid dress pick-up, tux fittings and general frivolity of the wedding and baby shower sort. But smack in the middle of all of this -- the big thing that is filtering down and affecting all these other things -- is Liam's assessment and when we'll need to be in Cincinnati for the appointment.

** If you haven't read up until now, or don't know the whole "Assessment Saga", click here to read up **

Ok, so we have gone through the referral, filled out the packet, talked to the extremely just-couldn't-be-nicer people on the phone. We were told Liam would most likely be seen in July. Send the packet back, we'll call you. We sent the packet back the first week in May. No call by May 19th so I call them. Again, very nice on the phone. Says Liam is on the waiting list to be scheduled and if we don't hear by few weeks into June, to call again. No word as of today, I call again this morning. Before I go any further, please understand that not once have these people been rude, condescending, or put me off. They are wonderful! But today I call and the woman lets me know that they've lost a doctor and we most likely won't even get a call to schedule an appointment for at least two more weeks because they are so backed up.

Now, again, I understand. Cincinnati Children's is a phenomenal hospital. They've been a million times nicer than anyone we talked to here with the exception of our own pediatrician. And I understand that they are just overloaded. So I try to be patient. I'm trying to not worry about it. I mean, I even think about Liam's issues every day anyway (unless he has one of those days, then I think "Man, we really need to see what's going on with him!").

But it's been hard overall because Liam's initial physical, the one that started all of this, was back in March. So since March, we've known that something is up with Liam (which, really, we already knew). But in March, it was pretty much confirmed by Liam's doctor. So we've waited and wondered. And that's the very hardest thing. I know it's not like he has cancer or something life threatening that requires immediate intervention. But he's my child. And I see him struggle at times and want to know why so that we can help him not have to struggle quite so much!

Bottom line? I'm taking this back to God and dropping it at his feet again. For the bazillionth time. I know I can't spend the summer spazzing out. That's not fair to the kids, it's not fair to Rusty. And it's not fair to me. So please, keep this in your prayers. And we'll send you a postcard from Hershey Park.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh duh! I sent you an email with a question, when there was a hot link to it! Pregnant brain at work (or not at work...).

I'm keeping you in my prayers, and sending you positive vibes!!

 
Site Meter