Sunday, June 26, 2005

Kitchen Update Again


In the process
Originally uploaded by art chick.
See that? That's our kitchen. It's "almost done". That's the official status - "almost done". It would be "DONE" except for the fact that we had to stop work for two weeks while Home Depot decided to lose our paperwork for the Corian countertops (funny, they didn't lose the ginormous deposit that we had to pay). We have everything finished as far as cabinets but aren't putting the doors or drawer fronts on until after the countertops are installed. Tomorrow. Yeah, that's right. Tomorrow. Can you believe it? I'm giddy.

In case you were wondering, they suggested waiting with the doors and such so that they don't get dinged and scratched when they're installing the counters.

After tomorrow? Well... we pick out hardward for the drawers (we have picked it out, we just have to pick it up at the store). Then we put on the doors and such. Then we move all of our kitchen things actually back into the kitchen from the living room, family room, computer room, our bedroom and yes, even the bathroom where we've had to wash dishes the last two months. All of the cosmetic stuff will be done after that - the trim, light fixtures, painting. I don't care about that process. That's fun for me. I'm just slightly geeked out over the fact that having my own kitchen sink again is getting me so excited. I'm considering making popcorn, pulling up chairs and inviting the neighbors to watch the installation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are they there yet? Do I need to call and harass them? Do I need to come drive over you and take you out of your misery?? LOL! It's gonna be awesome!

And since you don't mind painting and all, how about a little vacation here in PA, and helping a friend finish the baby room... You needed a place to vacation... I'm such a pal!

 
Site Meter