Monday, June 27, 2005

Kitchen shock


Kitchen shock
Originally uploaded by art chick.
Well? They're in. The counters. They're installed and smooth and beautiful and so smooth. I can't stop rubbing the counter every time I go into the kitchen! The boys were amazed that the kitchen looked so different after the installers left.

NOTE: The installers were so incredibly nice and did a wonderful job. Thank you, Surface Technologies! (and "You stink!" to Home Depot for making us wait so long).

If you click that photo of Sean, showing his absolute disbelief that we actually have countertops? You will be able to see the photos of the kitchen from this afternoon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!! Love it. It's incredible what new counters will do! Sean is way too cute!!

Your kitchen is a lot like mine, except that it's nicer and bigger. LOL! If you eliminate your pantry by the fridge, and the whole return on the other side, you get my kitchen. It's so little I can't really take a photo of it from the inside. I need a wide angle lense! LOL!

Enjoy the counter! It rocks!

Anonymous said...

I am SO TOTALLY JEALOUS! Not about washing dishes in the bathroom; I get to do that at work with the cockroaches and whatnot. But look at that countertop. I LOVE Corian. It's my dream counter. And what a big-a$$ fridge! We have one of those lazy susans in our corner cabinet, too, although we generally refer to its more technical name, the "spinny thing." If ever you know you put something there but you can't find it, make sure to check the corners. Once your boys realize how fast that thing can spin, you'll find all sorts of things that've flown off the shelves and into the corners. Trust me on this one. Boy, Stacie, if I had that kitchen, I'd never leave. Can I come live with you? Of course if I did, Sean would have one more person to blame when his pants disappeared, but unless he was in the kitchen, we'd all know it was a fib, 'cause that's the room I'd be living in. If I ever get my kitchen all fixed up like that, you'll most likely never hear from me again.

BTW, GREAT job with that scrapbook. You are one talented artgirl!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I would be jealous except, knowing how long you've waiting/wishing/living with the disruption. Do you feel like you gave birth to the counters? I'm happy for you (and a little jealous.)

We be getting a new roof and a new window, but that's not as much fun. You can't pet those.

betsy

 
Site Meter