Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Because things aren't fun enough around here

I opened the dryer this morning to get some clean clothes out for Liam. First thing out? A white shirt. With pretty multi-colored blotches. Blotches that are not supposed to be there. What the crap? I pulled out t-shirt after shorts after undies... all splotched with color. And fabulous color at that.

Then I found it. The navy blue cargo shorts. With the crusty lower pocket. Full of melted crayons. Now before you think, "Duh, woman, check the pockets before you do laundry!" let me tell you that I do! After the first time I accidentally washed Rusty's pager, I'm really careful about it (though not careful enough because notice I had to say "the first time" I washed the pager). But I digress. I do check the pockets. But come on! With the rise in popularity in cargo pants? It would take days to go through every pocket on every pair of shorts and pants that Liam, Sean and Rusty own. Damn you, Old Navy, you and your "everybody-needs-15-extra-pair-of-pockets-on-each-pair-of-pants" mentality.

I didn't even know anyone actually stowed cargo in their cargo pants. But apparently my oldest child, being the practical and thrifty person that he seems to be, decided to make use of all the available pockets on his person and loaded them up with crayons from every restaurant we've visited in the last week. And people? We're renovating a kitchen here. We've seen the inside of a lot of restaurants, let me tell you. There are at least five different colors going on in that load of laundry. Nice blending, I must say (must have been the Crayolas and not those cheapy Rose Art pieces of wax).

I'm off to find the WD-40 as that's what I've been told to try first. If that doesn't work? I'm pulling out the big guns and calling the 1-800 number for Proctor and Gamble listed on the back of my Tide Cold Water. Let P&G solve my problem, that's what I pay the big bucks for.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yowza I did that ONCE! And it was only a green crayon. Still have some undies with green splotches.

 
Site Meter