Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My musical tastes

Alright now. It has been suggested that my musical tastes suck. All I'm saying is that my iPod has room for all peoples, and all genres to come together and learn to live with one another in harmony. RunDMC lives side by side with Kenny Rogers who cozies up to Natalie Merchant and They Might Be Giants. Sir Mix-a-lot joins hands with R.E.M and U2 and Lenny Kravitz (yes. Sir Mix-a-lot. "Buttermilk Biscuits", baby.) The Kinks, The Ramones, the Clash, the Cure and Depeche Mode mix it up with Jimmy Buffett, Steve Miller, Creedance Clearwater and Bad Company. Oasis, The Lemonheads and Matthew Sweet get together with Brian Adams and Monty Python. And I am in music heaven.

Just to quiet your fears, the Kenny Rogers download? Was preceeded by some of this:

Because the Beasties?  They really do rock.

Beastie Boys Anthology - The Sounds of Science

Because the Beasties totally rock my world.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Thank God you've finally redeemed youself. You listed mostly really good music, so you are cleared. I promise when I hook myself up, NO Kenny allowed.

 
Site Meter