Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Chaos + my brain = nonsense

My posts lately have been pretty much just nonsense. It's just that my brain isn't functioning very well with the whole house renovation-lack of creative time-Liam's issues thing. It's like my brain is going manic and goody stuff just keeps popping up. Maybe to thwart the more stressful thoughts? I don't know.

But here's what I'm thinking on right now. I spent yesterday afternoon filling out an eight page packet to send to Children's Hospital regarding Liam's upcoming assessment (Click here to read the Liam post). As a Believer, my first response it to talk with God about all of this. And of course, when you think something may be wrong with your child, you ask God to fix it. But as I'm starting to pray and ask God for healing for Liam I realize it. Liam isn't sick. His brain just works a bit differently (depending on what the diagnosis turns out to be). To ask God to "heal" him would essentially mean changing who Liam is. The way he thinks and acts and what essentially makes him unique. And you know what? I don't to change who Liam is. Sure, I want him to succeed. And be happy. But does he need to "be healed" to do that? I don't think he does. So I thanked God then said "No, thanks. He's perfect just the way he is and we'll deal with the challenges he may face".

And I'm pretty sure I heard God say, "Duh."

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Guess we should feel privaledged that God give special uniquely made kids like Liam and Perry to cool folks like us. Too bad they don't come with an instruction manual, I would totally read that one.

 
Site Meter