Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Narnia Movie

So, did you know they're making a movie out of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? I had heard but was trying to ignore it. The Chronicles of Narnia are probably my favorite books of all time (though it's not like I dress up in costume and act out chapters or anything). But they are what started my admiration of C.S. Lewis' work. I didn't want someone screwing it up. I know Lord of the Rings turned out incredibly well but I was afraid to hope for the same with the Narnia books. I mean, what are the chances of having another classic book adaptation turn out great? And? I kept remembering that 1970's cartoon version that just really sucked.

But the trailer was actually good; we saw it before the new Star Wars movie started. I didn't realize what movie they were previewing at first so it took me by surprise. I actually got chills when I realized what movie it was because I am just that much of a dork, people. The preview had a lot of epic drama kind of stuff -- think Lord of the Rings but not quite as dark and dirty (The Chronicles of Narnia are technically children's books). The most reassuring thing about the trailer was that Aslan, the lion who ultimately represents Christ as the messiah of Narnia, does not look like a giant amusement park character. He was actually decently realistic looking. As were the various centaurs, fauns (Mr. Tumnas looked good in the few seconds he ran through a scene) and other creatures taken largely from Greek mythology. I'm really trying to not get my hopes up, but? It's not working, though I'm still not making any plans to go all Star Wars and line up months in advance or anything.

Here's a link to view the first official trailer that's out (this is the one we saw in the theater as far as I know). It's not quite as impressive on the computer as it was on the big screen, but it's still good. And I really liked the music. The trailer link is on the left side of the movie page. Let me know if you think I'm alone in my dorkiness.

Link to view trailer for The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

No comments:

 
Site Meter