Friday, May 06, 2005

Collage Book


book
Originally uploaded by art chick.
Oh. My. Goodness. I finally finished something. Pick yourself up off of the floor and check it out. If you click on the photo it will take you to the rest of the book.

Our church is amazing in that we have a wonderful arts community. And that community so often draws in the rest of the church and gives "non-artists" a chance to do something creative (I don't honestly believe there is anything as a "non-artist", basically that's just everyone who has yet to become an artist). I loved that even though I'm an artist I was sitting across from mostly people who don't consider themselves to be artistic but they were thrilled to be playing anyway. Seeing a creative spirit born from an opportunity to try something new? That's a blessing to witness. It's really exciting!

This year at our women's retreat, a fabulous collage artist brought in a few tubs full of fun stuff and let everyone have at it (I'm sorry, Rachelle, I can't remember your last name! Betsy, if you read this, please credit her in a comment). Anyway, this collage book is the result of all of the scavaging and altering and junking I did during that seminar.

2 comments:

betsy said...

Yea for you! The pictures look great - I can't wait to see it in person (I'll bring my wall-hanging-sized quilt that I finished recently.) Rachelle's last name is Chuang; I can give you her email another time.

Good job!

Jodi said...

That is the bomb! I love it! I've been inspired...off to create something hooked up....

 
Site Meter